Day 11 polka dots, Essie Barbuda Banana and Avon Matte grey#31dc2012 #day11 #polkadots #essie #nailart (Taken with Instagram)
I’m off to London! See you all in a week!!
INTERLOCKING DOTS TUTORIAL!
- You will need: two different colored polishes (I used Deborah Lippmann “Almost Paradise” and Sally Hansen “Pacific Blue”) & a dotting tool.
- Paint your nails with Color 1.
- Draw one diagonal line with Color 2; I freehanded mine, but if you’re unable to do straight lines, use tape! Making sure Color 1 is completely dry first.
- Fill in the area above the diagonal with Color 2.
- Take Color 1 & space dots equidistant ABOVE the diagonal line.
- Fill in the gaps underneath the diagonal with dots of Color 2.
- Continue to use Color 2 and place dots diagonally to the dots you made in Step 6.
- Take Color 1 and repeat Step 7.
- Clean up cuticles using acetone and a small brush!
inspired by these, so obsessed with how they came out. they don’t look as cool in this photo as in real life though cause the glitter doesn’t catch the light the same way. still… yay!